AVCF Privacy and Cookies Policy
- Information About Visitors (“General Information”) When visitors come to our website, we log the user’s IP address which is automatically recognised by our web server.
Unless you have indicated your objection by refusing them when you first visited our website, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you visit this site. Cookies are small pieces (files) of information regarding your browsing habits (“General Information”) that are stored on your computer. These small files are known as cookies. They are not used to identify you personally.
Cookies can make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and may be used to customise the site for you.
You should have the ability to accept or decline cookies (although some employers may restrict this ability on their computers). Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose to modify your browser settings to decline all cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is offered and allow you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact your experience on the website but should not prevent you from using and enjoying our website. For specific details about how to configure your browser you should refer to its supplier or manufacturer. We may share General Information with our website consultants from time to time in order to help us develop this website.
- Information About You Specifically (“Specific Information”)
When you subscribe for our Newsletter we collect only the specific personal information required, i.e. your email address. If you join the AVCF as a member we additionally collect your first and last names. We do not use this Specific Information to collect further information about you.
- Disclosure of Your Information
- The information you provide to us will be held on our computers in the UK and the EU and may be accessed by or given to our staff working outside the UK and third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our site to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- Countries outside the European Union do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
- Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
We make best efforts to ensure that all information held relating to you is kept up-to-date, accurate and complete. In this regard, we also rely on you to notify Us if your information requires updating or deleting. We will respond to requests from you to update or delete your information in an efficient and timely manner.